Skills 4 Holme is an organisation set up to provide skills training which will help young people obtain employment and do it in a way in which they will enjoy themselves. The focus of the training is carpentry, horticultural, and other practical activities. The minimum age for people to join the project is 18.
The workshops and other facilities are at Oaks Farm in Bulmer Lane, Holme on Spalding Moor. Several farm buildings have been converted with the aid of a grant from the Big Lottery Fund.
The programmes and other activities aim at:
Skills 4 Holme markets products and services to earn income to cover operational costs, e.g.
- Providing people with an opportunity of work-like experience
- Helping people to re-gain or gain practical vocational skills
- Reinforcing people's confidence and self-esteem
- Providing people with the appropriate basic skills
- Increasing people's chances of employment
- Developing people's job-searching skills, including making job applications and interviewing skills
- Promoting understanding of disability, ethnicity, diversity and equality
- Production of garden furniture and other wood products
- Garden services at affordable rates
- Furniture Refurbishment
This focus on commercial activities will familiarise people with the real world of employment.
Skills 4 Holme is a not for profit organisation which is run by volunteers. Applications are welcomed from people regardless of ethnicity, gender, beliefs.
Skills 4 Holme Ltd has been accredited by Safecontractor for its commitment to achieving excellence in health and safety.